Fight Gone Bad V
Location, date & time for the 5th Annual Fight Gone Bad Fundraiser are set! Fight Gone Bad is an athletic event dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the Prostate Cancer Foundation & The Wounded Warrior Project. This year CrossFit Central, CrossFit Westlake, Fit and Fearless CrossFit, CrossFit Austin, CrossFit Texas & CrossFit Round Rock are all teaming up to take on Fight Gone Bad as an Austin wide Community event!
Fight Gone Bad began as a fundraising event in 2006. From those humble beginnings and with the support of the CrossFit community, we’ve proven what a small, totally committed group of people can accomplish. The first four editions of Fight Gone Bad have raised a combined total of more than $2 million to provide funding for programs of the Wounded Warrior Project and Athletes for a Cure.
Fight Gone Bad V opens its arms and benefits four distinct charities this year:
LiveStrong, Wounded Warrior Project, the CrossFit Foundation and Operation Phoenix.
Fight Gone Bad V takes place on Saturday, September 25, 2010. The event will take place between 8am – the afternoon.
The event format is the Fight Gone Bad CrossFit format:
In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. The event is in the 3 round format. The stations are:
* Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
* Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
* Box Jump: 20″ box (Reps)
* Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
* Row: calories (Calories)
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of “rotate,” the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.
Awards are given on Individual, National, and Regional levels:
Individuals who raise $150 or more will receive an Official FGB 5 Event T-shirt after the event.
There are two divisions eligible for awards on the National and Regional levels:
-Affiliates with 25 or less Team Members.
-Affiliates with 26 or more Team Members.
National: The highest fundraising Affiliate in each division will receive a $5000 Rogue Fitness package and a Concept 2 rower.
Regional: The highest fundraising Affiliate in each region in each division will receive a Traveling Trophy with their Affiliate name, the event name and the year they won on the plaque.
To compete in the workout, all participants must complete each of the following:
1. Register with their local CrossFit Affiliate by Wednesday, September 22, 2010. (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Register at http://fgb5.org by Wednesday, September 22, 2010
3. Raise $150 or more in pledges by 6 am PDT on Sunday, September 26, 2010
4. All donations counting toward the awards that were collected on your own must be turned in with documentation to Wes
5. Awards will be announced by 5pm PDT on Monday, October 4, 2010.
The four divisions are:
1. Class A: Standard Men = 75lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 20lb wall- ball and 20 inch box jump
2. Class B: Modified Men/Standard Women = 55lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 14lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump
3. Class C: Intermediate = 35lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 8lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump (step ups are okay)
4. Class D: Beginner/Kids = 15lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 4lb wall-ball (can be lowered to 8 foot target) and 10 inch box jumps
Remember that you can ask your friends, family, workplace, school, businesses or fellow members to sponsor you for this event. They can donate a lump sum for donation or sponsor you a certain amount per point you make.
Last year the Austin community was able to raise over $33,000 for the Prostate Cancer Foundation & The Wounded Warrior Project and had over 100 people take on the Fight Gone Bad workout. This year we will raise the bar with this stellar community event!
Fight Gone Bad V Details:
Where: Westlake High School
When: Saturday, September 25th 2010
8.00am – 11.00AM
Sign up here to register. Remember to select team CrossFit Austin when registering. Each participant must raise (or donate themselves) $50 by September 21st to participate.