Murph Day 2014 Registration Now Open
CrossFit Austin will be hosting Murph Day Friday (7/4/2014) honoring the memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy and all fallen veterans.
Liutenant Murphy was killed in Afghanistan on June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he named it “Body Armor”. We will honor a focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
1 mile run
*Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed.
**Teams of 2, 3, or 4 are welcome.
***All movements can be scaled.
****Be sure to wear your twenty pound vest or body armor if you have it.
- Event Registration + Shirt will be open from June 16th until June 25th.
- $40 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes registration & t-shirt costs and donations
- Event Registration without Shirt will be open from June 26th until July 3rd.
- $20 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes registration costs and donations
- This event is open to all – members and non-members
- Athletes must arrive at 7:00am to warm-up, sign-in, and pick up shirts
- Heats times start at 8 am, 9 am, and 10am
- Spectators are welcome
- Donations are welcome and can be made here or here
- Proceeds go to aid in the Recovery Fund for Jeremy Rounkles
- Our annual MURPH Day has always benefited the Navy SEAL Foundation. This year, we’re donating all funds to a new cause. Join us in our efforts to rally behind our very own Genevieve Schmidt and her family in their time of need. Genevieve is CrossFit Austin’s phenomenal Administrative Coordinator. Let’s show the power of community and the force human connection can have as we come together, sweat together, work together, and band together to raise money for her brother’s recovery fund. Learn more about the recovery fund here. Learn more about the Navy SEAL Foundation here.
“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.” – Vince Lombardi
- Cook-out will take place directly after the event