Mark your calendars for Saturday, August 11th for the 1st Annual CFA Float Trip!
RSVP in the comments below or on the FB Page
Meet at CFA @ 10:15am on Saturday August 11th, we’ll drive/carpool from here (any volunteer drivers are greatly appreciated). There is also the possibility of renting a bus if we have a large enough crew. We’ll be floating out of the Lone Star Float House on the Guadalupe. We’ve secured a discounted rate at $12/person and Lone Star has offered to provide tubes for our coolers.
The “Can Ban” rules don’t apply to this part of the river, so feel free to bring whatever drinks you prefer (no glass).
Any friends or family are definitely welcome!
It’s July, which means one thing: our very own Darlene Price is back in California to battle it out the in the Reebok CrossFit Games Masters Competition!
This is Darlene’s second year to qualify for the games, and after a silver medal performance in 2011, she’s headed back hungry for gold! In addition to Darlene there will be a bevy of CrossFit Action going on all weekend, starting Friday.
Below is a schedule of events and the best ways to keep tabs on all the excitement in California!
- Reebok CrossFit Games Homepage
*Includes the full schedule of all events and broadcasts
*Note: all times listed are Pacific times
- Follow Darlene in the Master Competition:
Full Schedule of Masters Events
Masters Live Feed
*Note: all times list are Pacific times
Follow #dapricesisright @crossfitaustin and @coachweskfor Darlene-related updates and follow @CrossFitGames for all CrossFit Games updates.
CrossFit Austin Games Gatherings:
- Saturday (7/14) 10:30 am – 11:20 am: Watch Darlene tackle the infamous Snatch Ladder, projected via Live Feed in the gym
*Saturday’s class schedule will be at 8:00 am and 9:00 am for All Levels and 9:00 am for Level 3.
- Saturday (7/14) 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Join your CFA friends and family as we host a CrossFit Games Watch Party @ Lucky Lounge
GO DARLENE, GO!
Come beat the heat with the lovely folks of CFA at happy hour on Thursday, July 12th at 6:30pm at Third Base in South Park Meadows!
It might be getting hotter, but we’ve still got some of the coolest members around! We hope to see you there!
When: Thursday (7/12) starting @ 6:30 pm
For the month of July, we are offering a special deal to all of you that choose to get sweaty with a buddy! New members that join with a friend in July and mention this promotion will both receive $50 off the first month of a multi-month membership!!!
As you may have seen via email yesterday, we are hosting a Garage Games Competition called the Athlete Open on September 8th, 2012 at the Texas School for the Deaf!
We are in the process of putting our team together for The Athlete Open and would love to have a big showing at the event!
- If you would like to represent and compete with Team CrossFit Austin in the first event of the season, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will also need volunteers and judges, so if you would like to help out, you can sign up here.
- For more info on the event, please visit this lovely site (designed and developed by Coach Boone) at athleteopen.com!
Thanks, and we hope to see you on September 8th!
Our wonderful CFA Interns, Eric and Erica, will be offering free assessments for current members now through the end of July!
Assessments will involve movement analyses and a written feedback report for participants (reviewed by CFA coaches). This is a great chance to come in and get some excellent feedback from our staff and ask any questions you might have!
If interested, please contact our interns directly to schedule an appointment. Erica can be reached at Erica@CrossFitAustin.com and Eric can be reached at EReis40@gmail.com.
After you’ve gotten nice and sweaty at Murph Day, clean yourself up and come on over to Coach Boone’s house for a Paleo Pot Luck Party! We are raising funds to help Darlene get out to California for the 2012 CrossFit Games!
Where? 4529 Corran Ferry Loop (Boone and Aubrey’s House)
When? June 16th starting at 6 PM
What to bring? Your favorite Paleo dish!
How do I contribute: All donations are welcome and can be made in cash or by check (made out to Darlene Price). Additionally, all tips received at the bar will be donated to Darlene!
Want more details? Check out the facebook event!
*Please comment below to let us know what you’ll be bringing
and if you’d like to sign up for a bartending shift!*
*Email email@example.com for more info or if you’d like to take a shift bartending!
Summer is here! To celebrate/hydrate, CFA will have a Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 6th at 7pm at Little Woodrow’s in South Park Meadows.
Come out to hang out with some of the coolest people we know and meet new faces! We hope to see you there!
When: Wednesday (06/06) starting @ 7:00 pm
In honor of Medal of Honor winner Lieutenant Michael Murphy and all fallen veterans,
CrossFit Austin joins gyms nationwide to host
“Murph Day 2012” on Saturday, June 16th.
Proceeds will go to the Navy Seal Foundation.
A donation, of any size, is required to participate.
All supporters and spectators are welcome to donate, as well!
The competition will consist of completing the workout “Murph,” named in honor Lieutenant Michael Murphy:
1 mile Run
1 mile Run
Divide the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it!
This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he named it ‘Body Armor.’ From here on it will be referred to as ‘Murph’ in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
Saturday, June 16, 2011 starting at 8:00am
8708 South Congress, Suite A180 & A190, Austin, TX 78745
- Make your donation. All donations are tax-deductible. Please donate online and be sure to direct your donation toward the “General Funds (Unrestricted)” and specify “CrossFit Austin Navy Seal Memorial Challenge” in the comment section. Bring your receipt to the event or email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org as it will serve as your ticket to compete!
- Sign Up as an Individual or a Team! This division is for athletes that would like to participate in the workout for fun. We will not be judging the open division, and scaling option will be available for those who choose to participate in the open division. Additionally if you would like to “divide and conquer” the workout as part of a team you are free to do so.Register and reserve your spot HERE! (8:00 am, 9:00am, or 10:00am)