CrossFit Austin MURPH DAY 2022 || Saturday, June 25
CrossFit Austin will be hosting Murph Day Saturday (6/25/2022) honoring the memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy and all fallen veterans. Lieutenant Murphy was killed in Afghanistan on June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he named it “Body Armor”. We will honor a focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
1 mile run
*Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed.
**Teams of 2, 3, or 4 (max 4 people) are welcome.
***All movements can be scaled.
****Be sure to wear your twenty pound vest or body armor if you have it.
Event Registration + Shirt – Deadline – June 5th
- $40 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes registration & t-shirt costs and donations
Event Registration without Shirt
- $25 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes registration costs and donations
***Shirt ONLY (non-participant) – Deadline – June 5th
- $25 for shirt only
- All proceeds from t-shirt sales will be donated
SHIRTS – The image is the concept image and may have some slight changes to the final product.
- This event is open to all – members and non-members
- Athletes must arrive at 30 minutes prior to their heat to warm-up, sign-in, and pick up shirts
- Heat times start at 8:00 am, 9:15 am, and 10:30 am
- Spectators are welcome – dogs are not allowed at this location
- Donations are welcome and can be made through eventbrite, Navy SEAL Foundation, YMCA of Austin, or onsite the day of the event.
Donations and proceeds will go to benefit the charity of your choice. As always, you may donate to The Navy Seal Foundation. In addition, we are including a local foundation near and dear to our own Bach Vu, the YMCA of Austin’s Annual Giving Campaign . You can read more about what they do HERE.
“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.” – Vince Lombardi