MURPH 07.06.2013 and BBQ/Potluck
CrossFit Austin will be hosting Murph Day Saturday (7/6/2013) honoring the memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy and all fallen veterans.
Liutenant Murphy was killed in Afghanistan on June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he named it “Body Armor”. We will honor a focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
1 mile run
*Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed.
**Teams of 2, 3, or 4 are welcome.
***All movements can be scaled.
****Be sure to wear your twenty pound vest or body armor if you have it.
- Event registration will be open from June 5 until June 28th.
- $40 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes t-shirt costs and donations
- This event is open to all – members and non-members
- Athletes must arrive at 7:00am to warm-up, sign-in, and pick up shirts
- Heat start times are 8am, 9am, and 10am
- Spectators are welcome
- Donations are welcome and can be made HERE
- Portion of the proceeds go to the Navy SEAL Foundation
- Cook-out will take place directly after the event
To celebrate MURPH 07.06.2013 CFA will be hosting a BBQ/Potluck directly after the event. This BBQ/Potluck will kick-off our Friends & Family event (click here to learn more about Friends & Family)! Be sure to post what paleo (or non-paleo) treats you will bring HERE!
*There are rumors of dodgeball and 3-on-3…