Murph Day 2018 || June 30
CrossFit Austin will be hosting Murph Day Saturday (6/30/2018) honoring the memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy and all fallen veterans. Lieutenant Murphy was killed in Afghanistan on June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he named it “Body Armor”. We will honor a focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
1 mile run
*Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed.
**Teams of 2, 3, or 4 are welcome.
***All movements can be scaled.
****Be sure to wear your twenty pound vest or body armor if you have it.
Event Registration + Shirt
- $40 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes registration & t-shirt costs and donations
Event Registration without Shirt
- $25 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes registration costs and donations
***T-Shirt ONLY (non-participant)
- This event is open to all – members and non-members
- Athletes must arrive 30 minutes prior to their heat to warm-up, sign-in, and pick up shirts
- Heats times start at 8 am, 9 am, and 10am
- Spectators are welcome
- Donations are welcome and can be made through eventsmart, Navy SEAL Foundation, or on site during the event.
The proceeds from your registration will be donated to the Navy SEAL Foundation in honor of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy.
“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.” – Vince Lombardi