Murph Day 2023
While many other gyms have adopted Memorial Day for their Murph Day events, however we have always held ours closer to the day he gave his life (June 28, 2005). We are continuing that tradition this year and we are proud to say that this is our 14TH YEAR hosting our Murph Day event!
CrossFit Austin will be hosting Murph Day Saturday (07/01/2023) honoring the memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy and all fallen veterans. Lieutenant Murphy was killed in Afghanistan on June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he named it “Body Armor”. We will honor a focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
For time: 1 mile run 100 pull ups 200 push ups 300 squats 1 mile run
*Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed.**Teams of 2, 3, or 4 (max 4 per team) are welcome. ***All movements can be scaled. ****Be sure to wear your twenty pound vest or body armor if you have it.
Event Registration + Shirt – Deadline – June 11th
- $40 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes registration & t-shirt costs and donations
Event Registration without Shirt
- $25 for participating athletes
- Athlete entry fee includes registration costs and donations
***Shirt ONLY (non-participant) – Deadline – June 11th
- $25 for shirt only
- All proceeds from t-shirt sales will be donated
SHIRTS – The image above is the concept image and may have some slight changes to the final product.
Bella Canvas Women’s Racerback
- This event is open to all – members and non-members and may be completed individually or in teams of 2, 3, or 4.
- Athletes must arrive at 30 minutes prior to their heat to warm-up, sign-in, and pick up shirts
- Heat times start at 8:00 am, 9:15 am, and 10:30 am – If the heat is visible as a choice when you purchase, you will get your preference. When the heat is full, the option will not be visible during checkout.
- Spectators are welcome – dogs are not allowed at this location
- Donations are welcome and can be made through eventbrite, Navy SEAL Foundation, The Amplify Center , or onsite the day of the event.
Donations and proceeds will go to benefit the charity of your choice. As always, you may donate to The Navy Seal Foundation. In addition, we are including a local foundation called The Amplify Center. The Amplify Center connects with young adults through their desired and available preference — either in person, over the phone or virtually via video chat. Its services are focused on mild to moderate mental health challenges. For individuals with needs beyond the center’s scope, the center works with its community partners to assist with additional and personalized support. You can read more about what they do HERE.
“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.” – Vince Lombardi