The Circle of Awesomeness Challenge 2013
2013 is here, and once again, it’s time to dust off the Awesomeness!
Looking good, feeling good, and playing good is the motto around these parts, and there’s nothing like a new year, goals, and a little motivation to get the train headed straight back to Awesomeville. So, for the 4th straight year, CrossFit Austin proudly presents “The Circle of Awesomeness Challenge”….
What is it?
Our challenge consists of one-part fitness challenge, one-part nutritional and body composition challenge, plus an accountability challenge. Our goals for each 2013 Circle of Awesomeness Challenger are:
- Mental and emotional preparation for a lasting, healthy lifestyle
- Physical preparation for the 2013 CrossFit Open
- Creation of lasting habits for long-term nutritional and body composition success
Challengers will be tested and retested in 3 different categories of fitness challenges. Each category is comprised of 3 tests, for a total of 9 tests.
The categories are:
- Work Capacity
**These fitness challenges will be the Workout of the Day for L1 and L2 programming during the first week of the challenge. People will partner up and judge each other like we will do for the CrossFit Open WOD’s in March. Everyone will sign off on their score before turning it into the coach.
Nutritional and Body Composition Challenges:
Challengers will be tested and retested on body composition and weight, for their own information. Throughout the Challenge, Challengers will receive points for completing weekly nutritional and lifestyle challenges and assignments. Challengers will also receive points for attending weekly accountability and educational classes.
January 20th @1 pm – Kick-Off Seminar (UPDATED)
January 21st – January 26th Initial Fitness Test
Monday 1/21 – Tests 1, 2, 3
Tuesday 1/22 – Make up day
Wednesday 1/23 – Test 4, 5, 6
Thursday 1/24 – Make up day
Friday 1/25 – Make up day
Saturday 1/26 – Tests 7,8,9
February 25th – March 2nd Final Fitness Tests
Monday 2/25 – Tests 1, 2, 3
Tuesday 2/26 – Make up day
Wednesday 2/27 – Test 4, 5, 6
Thursday 2/28 – Make up day
Friday 3/1 – Make up day
Saturday 3/2 – Tests 7,8,9
Saturday 3/9 – BBQ & Announcing of Winners
What’s in it for you?
What you can win:
- 1st Place: $225 cash + 1 month of FREE group classes
- 2nd Place: $100 cash + 2 FREE one-on-one consultations and/or training sessions
- 3rd Place: $75 cash + 1 FREE one-on-one consultation and/or training session
- Bonus Prizes include:
Most Improved Male and Female Fitness Performances: Reebok Nano or Oly shoes of choice
Top Male and Female Fitness Performances: Complimentary entry into this year’s CrossFit Open + Free CFA T-Shirt
100% Accountable: CrossFit Austin T-Shirt
What you get:
- A Kick-off “Success Seminar” with the CrossFit Austin Staff: January 20th @ 1:00 pm.
- 2 Body Composition Assessments: One the 1st week of the challenge and during the last week of the challenge.
- The Official CrossFit Austin Nutritional Guide: Complete with foods to avoid, shopping guides, healthy recipes, and supportive educational materials.
- Before and After Photos: Not required, but highly recommended!
- Comprehensive Fitness Tests: Tests will cover Work Capacity, Strength, and Athleticism
- Weekly Accountability Classes: Each week will include a new focus and topic for the week. These classes are designed to give you the tools for lasting success and help you stay accountable throughout the process. Classes will meet every Saturday from January 19th – Februaury 23rd at 11:00am.
**Bonus**: Spouses or significant others will be allowed to attend these classes for free.
- Challenger Facebook Page: A private Facebook Page, monitored by CFA Coaching Staff, will be updated daily with an educational article. The page will be a great place to ask questions, share success, struggles, and ideas! This was a huge factor in many folk’s success in past years!
- Weekly Video Skill Progressions: In preparation for the 2013 CrossFit Open..
- Discounted Supplements: All Challengers will receive a 25% discount on all nutritional supplements offered at CFA. The discount will be applicable for the duration of the challenge (*Date of sign up through March 2nd only).
- Support: 6 weeks of support, accountability, motivation, and lots of fun, courtesy of your CFA Coaching Staff!
Early Bird (Discount Pricing): 12/18 – 12/30 = $75
Early Bird 2 (Discount Pricing): 12/31 – 01/16 = $100 *Enter code “EARLYBIRD2” for discount!
Last-Minute Pricing: 01/14 – 01/18 = $125
*Space is limited to 60 Challengers only!*
*Registration starts December 18th
- Can Level 1 athletes participate?
Yes, this challenge is great for all fitness and experience levels.
- If I miss a Saturday meeting, will I be disqualified?
No, you will not be disqualified, but you will not receive your Accountability Points for attending that week’s meeting. There will be a weekly assignment given out at each Saturday meeting, but it will be posted the following Monday on the private Challenge FB page.
- If I miss one of the fitness challenges, will I be able to make it up?
You will have the week of January 21st – January 26th to complete initial tests and the week of February 25th – March 2nd to complete the retests. Each week will include an initial test day and two make-up opportunities. If you cannot complete all of the tests within the given time-frame, you will need to set up a PT Session with a coach to complete the tests.
- Do I have to be a member of CrossFit Austin to participate?
Yes, to participate in the challenge and complete all the workouts, you must be a CrossFit Austin Member.
If you have additional Questions please post to the comments below so we can answer for everyone. Stay tuned, as we will be releasing more info as we get closer to the event.
Let’s get awesome!
*Registration starts December 18th