2nd Annual Tour De Turkey Challenge
CrossFit Austin is excited to announce our 2nd Annual Tour De Turkey Challenge! CFA is so proud of everyone’s successes this year and we want to make sure that we all stay on course and keep on the “straight and narrow” between holidays!
What is the challenge?
The Tour De Turkey will be a “couple’s” challenge this year. So, ladies and gentlemen, get ready to pick a partner of the opposite sex, come up with a killer team name, and conquer the 2012 Tour De Turkey Challenge!
The initial workout test will be done on Saturday, November 3, 2012. Everyone who signs up for the challenge must come in on the 3rd and complete the initial workout. If, for some unavoidable reason, a challenger cannot come in on the 3rd, the only make up day will be Tuesday, Nov. 6th. It will be imperative to collaborate with your partner and come up with a stellar name!!
Over the course of the next 5 weeks, your team will be required to perform 2 additional workouts that are outside of our regular CFA programming. These workouts will be emailed to all teams at the same time each week. Team members will be accountable to each other in regards to their workouts, nutrition, and sleep. The 2 additional workouts can be done individually or with your teammate. On Saturday, December 8th, we will host our final team workout challenge. This will be a battle of epic proportions… and each team will have a chance at victory!
Important Questions and Answers:
- Can Level 1 and Level 2 athletes participate? Yes, both levels can participate.
- Do my teammate and I need to sign up individually? No, only one person from each team needs to sign up and pay the $75 entry fee.
- Will the workouts be scaled? Yes, there will be 2 divisions: advanced and scaled.
- When can I do my extra workouts? You can utilize Open Gym times or do them outside of the gym. If you utilize Open Gym times, these sessions will count towards your allotted sessions for the month (like they usually do).
- What do we win? Besides the obvious glory and prestige that comes with dominating a CFA challenge, the first and second place winning duos will be going to Fogo De Chao for a victory dinner.
- How do I sign up and how much does it cost? There will be a $75 entry fee, per team, for this challenge and you can sign up and pay for the event here.
If you have any additional questions, please only post them in the comment section on this page so everyone can benefit…