Fall Fit Fest 2012
We can’t contain our excitement in any longer – Fall Fit Fest is returning to CFA on Saturday, November 17th, 2012!
“Fall Fit Fest 2012” will be a fundraiser for the Kenedi Jae Groves Family. All proceeds from this event will go directly to Kenedi and her family as they continue to wait for a heart donor.
Come join us for a Ladies CrossFit competition, Beer and Mimosa Mile, Feats of Strength, Beard Pageant, and the infamous Burpee Bank! The festivities will kick off at 8:00 am with a Ladies-Only CrossFit Competition and continue until 2:00 pm.
Schedule of Events:
|8:00am – 10:00am||Ladies-Only Team Competition|
|10:00am||Games, and Feats of Strength|
|11:00am||Beer & Mimosa Mile|
|Noon||Beard Beauty Pageant|
|1:00pm||Burpee Bank Bonanza|
The Ladies-Only Competition:
A competition featuring two team workouts: a strength-based workout and a endurance-based body-weight only workout. Each team will be scored and ranked in each workout and the team with the lowest overall score will be claim victory.
- 1st-Place Team will receive a free month of Membership at CFA and a pair of Reebok Nanos!
- Best-dressed Team will receive a $50 Gift Card to Lululemon!
- Registration Opens on Sunday, October 21st @ 3 PM. Only $50 per team to participate! Sign up here!
- Event 1 (100 Pts):
In 10:00, find a 1 RM Deadlift
*Final Score is total weight for each teammate
*Each athlete must register a weight for the team’s score to count
- Event 2 (100 Pts):
50 Yd Partner Sled Pull
50 Partner Wall Balls (14lb)
50 Yard Sled Pull
50 Partner Pull-ups
50 Yard Partner Sled Pull
50 Patty-Cake Burpees
50 Yard Partner Sled Pull
*Final Score is the team’s total time at the end of the event
*Teammates pull the sled together and split the reps, with one person working at a time
*Each athlete must complete at least one rep of each exercise Scoring will be relative to placement in each event just as in the Final CrossFit Games. See this article and chart for scoring information (click here).
The Novembeard Finale:
There will be 2 contests associated with Novembeard and the winner of each will receive a free month of group classes at CrossFit Austin.
1. Beard Beauty Pageant: The victorious team from the Ladies’-Only Competition will sit on the Judges’ Panel to determine who has the grandest beard at CrossFit Austin. Beards will be judged on a scale of 1-10 in 4 categories:
- Manliness: Does your beard demand respect? Or should we get a nice little sundress?
- Girth: Can you keep a small village warm or do you have apache tribe on your face?
- Presentation: Does your beard fit your face? Your personality? Is it creative?
- Back Story: The epic tale behind your furry face…
2. Shave and Weigh: Let the scales tip in your favor! The beard that weighs the most at weigh-in / shave-off will be the heavyweight champ!
Beer and Mimosa Mile:
Easy….. Drink a beer or a mimosa, run a lap around the building. Repeat 4 times.
Curious? Check out the Unofficial Beer Mile WR @ 5:02.5
Feats of Strength:
Back by popular demand! Take your chance at claiming victory in the Max Handstand Hold, Max Strict Pull-ups, 100lb Farmer’s Walk, Stone Deadlift, and more…