2 egg yolks
1/2 c cream
1 c steamed cauliflower
1/2 tsp salt
generous amount of fresh ground pepper (tsp? maybe…I just added enough for my liking)
1/2 lb sausage, cooked
1. Whisk yolks and cream together in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture can coat the back of a spoon fairly thickly.
2. Pour into blender and add cauliflower and salt. Blend on high until thoroughly combine.
3. Return gravy to saucepan and add sausage.
4. Season with pepper to taste (typical country gravy has a decent amount of gravy).
5. Cook over medium heat until hot.
6. Serve over biscuits.
**I use 1/2 lb sausage and this makes quite a “meaty” gravy. I prefer it that way, plus it ups the protein content a little.
Biscuits (adapted from Elana’s recipe in her Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook)
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tbsp water
1 1/4 c almond flour
1/2 scant tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Whisk together oil, honey, vinegar, egg and water.
2. Add almond flour, salt and soda. Mix well.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto pan. Slightly flatten with palm of hand.
4. Bake at 350 for 15 min or until edges start to turn light brown.