New Member November || 15% OFF first month!

nmn15

Every month we have new folks walk through our doors and join our amazing community. Well guess what new members! November is for you! All month long we’ll be dishing out specials and highlighting our newer folks.

All month long New Members that sign up with us by November 30th will enjoy 15% OFF the first month of any 3 or 12 month membership!

To take advantage of this deal you can [Click Here] to purchase.
Just use code NEWNOVEMBER15 to apply the discount!

You can view all of our membership options [HERE]

Feel free to contact Genevieve at frontdesk@crossfitaustin.com with any questions

Olympic Weightlifting 101 || November 10th

erica

CrossFit Austin and Austin Weightlifting are excited to begin the second session of our Olympic Weightlifting 101 course! We are proud to offer a program that will help beginners dig deeper into the world of Olympic Weightlifting. We’re offering this 6 week course as an introduction to the Olympic lifts in an effort to better prepare our new folks for the next step in their training, whether that is CrossFit group classes or our Group Olympic Weightlifting classes.

When: Tuesdays at 5:30 pm & Saturdays at 9:00 am – First session begins November 10th!
Cost: $60

REGISTER HERE 

Olympic Weightlifting 101:

Weightlifting 101 is designed to teach beginners proper form and technique of the Olympic lifts, The Snatch and The Clean & Jerk. We will break it down to the basics and take time to analyze and correct form so that you can perform these lifts safely and efficiently. Through a series of progressions over the 6 week period, our goal is to have you lifting confidently as you transition into the next step of your training whether it be CrossFit group classes or our next level of Olympic Weightlifting classes.

6 Weeks || 12 Sessions
The Weightlifting 101 class will meet 2x/week on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm and Saturdays at 9:00 am.

1 Coach || 8 Athletes
This course is limited to 8 clients per course to ensure everyone gets quality, semi-private coaching, and our coaches can focus on teaching instead of managing.

With limited space in each course, wait-list opportunities are available.

To see a schedule of our upcoming courses click here.

To learn more about the coaches teaching Weightlifting 101 click here.

The Prep at CrossFit Austin |15% OFF| October 26

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 1.54.30 PM

November is for New Members! We’re offering The Prep at 15% OFF!

The next cycle of The Prep at CrossFit Austin will start on Monday, October 26th
REGISTER HERE

THE PREP COURSE

[what]    What we like to call “The Prep” is designed to introduce new clients to the fundamentals and essential movements often seen in our group classes. The Prep is a course that teaches proper movement, recovery, mobility strategies, and a crash course on nutrition & lifestyle. This beginners program ultimately gives our clients the tools to make their time at CrossFit Austin life changing. We’re not just movers and shakers at CrossFit Austin – we’re thinkers, too. Producing athletes that train smart, work hard and also know their stuff is what we’re all about.

Train Smart | We’ll teach you to lift & move proficiently
Dedicated time working on the technique of CrossFit Movements over the course of 12 classes, with technical consistency being a focus. Regular exposure to the movements will adequately prepare each client for success in the group class environment. Quality over quantity in your movement is our goal.

Work Hard | We’ll teach you to recover effectively
The body repairs and strengthens itself in the time between workouts. It’s in this time that the body adapts to the stress of exercise and the real training effect takes place. Learning what and how to fill this time outside of the gym is our goal.

Think Well | We’ll teach you to eat efficiently
The individuality and uniqueness of our clients are what makes our community a phenomenal place to thrive in their training. Nutrition can’t be ‘cut and paste’ for each individual – there’s no cookie cutter way to properly eat. Revolutionize the way you view nutrition and eat over the course of 12 classes and learn what works best for your ID.

[structure]    The Prep = 1 Month of CrossFit Austin

If there’s one thing we take seriously, it’s quality over quantity. Yes, we care about each and every person who walks through our doors on a deeper level. You aren’t a dollar sign or a name on a sheet. You’re a member of our family. In our opinion, there’s no way to teach anyone new to CrossFit quality movement and technique in a short amount of time. Thus, our introductory course that isn’t a cram session squeezed into a few day’s time. It’s an investment of a month on both ends. You meet with your coach 3x/week for 4 weeks, learning the ins & outs of what CrossFit and CrossFit Austin is all about.

1 month | 12 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. The Prep course you enroll in will meet 3x/week for 4 weeks.  Structured like a CrossFit Class, your Prep course classes will be at the same time each day throughout the course length for 1-hour. Just show up, we’ll do the rest (we mean it!) –  Your coach leads you through the hour class, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 6 athletes
The Prep Course is limited to 6 clients per course to ensure everyone gets quality, semi-private coaching, and our coaches can focus on teaching instead of managing.

>>Click here<<  to see a schedule of our upcoming  Prep Courses

Learn more about the CrossFit Austin coaches leading The Prep here.

PRIVATE PREP COURSE

Want to get started right away? Join our Private Prep course!
REGISTER HERE
Private Prep Option: $250

[what]     For those that can’t make our available Prep Course classes  or would prefer a more private introduction to CrossFit, we offer the “Private Prep”. You get all the great resources and coaching we provide in the Prep Course in one-on-one, private training with a coach. Due to the smaller more flexible setting we are able to expedite The Prep process  and get you through the material quicker.

[structure]     The Private Prep = 5 Private Sessions

No different than our regular Prep Course, the Private Prep focuses on quality instruction. Structure is a bit different though – You and your coach will meet for 5 private training sessions based on your scheduling. Each session runs for one-hour.

2 Weeks | 5 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. 5 private session over the course of 2 weeks scheduled at your convenience.  Your coach leads you through the hour’s session, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 1 Client
The Private Prep Course is a one-on-one private introduction to CrossFit. Your coach will take you through the Prep Course curriculum in 5 private sessions, and  tailor the program to your individual needs.

>>Click Here<< to enroll in a Private Prep Course and we will contact you within in 24 hours to schedule your sessions with your coach

Pricing:
Group Prep Option:  $200
New Member November Price: $170

Course Times:
{6:30 am on M/W/F} or {6:30 pm on M/W/Th}
October 26 – November 19

New Member November || 15% ($30) OFF The Prep!

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 1.54.30 PM

Every month we have new folks walk through our doors and join our amazing community. Well guess what new members! November is for you! All month long we’ll be dishing out specials and highlighting our newer folks. 

To kick things off we want to start by helping you get in the door with The Prep!

Our entry point is a program we call The Prep. It’s designed to introduce folks that are new to CrossFit Austin to the fundamentals and essential movements often seen in our group classes. It is a course that teaches proper movement, recovery, mobility strategies, and a crash course on nutrition & lifestyle. This is our road to success and we want to get you started and moving toward your goals!

In honor of New Member November, we’re offering the November group prep course at 15% off! Classes are capped at 6 people so if you want to take advantage of this deal you better hurry!

The November cycle begins Monday, October 26th! 

Mornings: Monday, Wednesday, Friday @ 6:30 am for 4 weeks
Evenings: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday @ 6:30 pm for 4 weeks

Group Prep: $200
New Member November Price: $170
[Register Here] 

Congrats!!

We just wanted to give a special shout out to everyone that competed this past weekend! We had several folks compete in the SuperFit Games Austin with several top 3 placings as well!
rxmrxfmfrx

Tim Garland & Austin Coover took 3rd in the Mens RX division
Leigh LeGare & Stacey Magnesio took 1st and Kim (Scott) Peabody & Jenni Demske took 2nd in the Womens RX division
New member Robyn Schoen and her partner from her old gym back home took 3rd in the Male/Female RX division

Jose Gonzalez competed with previous member Ed Robinson in the Mens Novice division

codyjosh

Josh Harris and Cody Watkins competed in the Mens Rx Division

Also, a special thank you to all of our awesome volunteers! We COULD NOT have done this without you!!
volunteers

Check out all the photos from the competition on the SuperFit Facebook page or from our own photographer, Dan Morice’s, Flickr page!

Austin Weightlifting also made some serious waves at the Iron Cat Meet down at Texas State!

matt

Matt Cecilo – 65kg Snatch 89kg Clean & Jerk with a Total=154kg He was 5/6 on his first meet!

Vy Mai – 1st place with a 42kg Snatch and 58kg Clean in the 53kg weight class.
Coach Erica – 1st Place with a 44kg Snatch and 61kg Clean & Jerk* (PR)
Beverly Lopez – 2nd Place with a 46kg Snatch* (3 kilo meet PR) Total = 103kg in 58kg weight class

Halloween WOD + “Boo”runch (Brunch – Get it?)

Halloween falls on a Saturday this year and we’re going to celebrate! Join us for our regular Saturday morning classes and don’t forget to wear your costumes! After the 10:00 am class we’ll fire up the griddle and have a party! We’re doing things a little different and going with Brunch this time and some basketball! BYOB and a dish to share – Halloween themed food gets extra points!

October Athlete of The Month: Janet Harris!

Each month we spotlight a different CFA athlete who stands out and shows just how awesome they are. What is it that makes up an Athlete of the Month? It may not be the person that finishes the fastest, Rx’s every WOD, or gets a PR every time they walk in the gym. Although we love and celebrate when those things happen, the Athlete of the Month is made up of much more than physical ability. This person shows up, gives their best every time, and then gives a little more. They are hungry to learn and always ready to do the work. They support their fellow classmates and encourage them to reach their goals. This athlete embodies what we believe the CrossFit Austin Community should be about.

Our October Athlete of the Month is Janet Harris! Janet bounces between the later morning classes, and the noon and 4:30 classes. She joined us back in March of 2012 and has consistently improved in her time here. She may be quiet in class, but she’ll sneak up and crush you in a workout. She’s always surprising us and we love to see each little win she has in class. She’s always got a great attitude and no matter what is on the board, she’s just happy to be here. Come hang out with her and you’ll see why she’s our AOM! Congratulations Janet! We are thrilled to have you as this month’s Athlete of the Month.

State your Name and/or Nickname please:janet1
Janet

Words to live by?
“Know better, do better.”
“Work hard, stay humble.”
“To laugh at yourself is to love yourself.” -Mickey Mouse

What is your fitness background?
I have always LOVED being active. I dabbled in a bunch of different sports throughout the years (field hockey, softball, lacrosse, soccer, basketball*the best*, cross-country, track & field, crew) but I’m not a very competitive person so being on sports teams was always fun but nothing really ‘stuck.’ When I wasn’t on a sports team I loved taking classes at the gym (spinning, kickboxing, yoga) or doing my mom’s old aerobics tapes, and jogging has always been a constant love.

How long have you been CrossFitting?
On and off for a few years.

Take us back to your first day of CrossFit… How did you feel? How do you compare it to workouts today?
My friend’s friend was training him out of his garage and he brought me one time. The workout included a bunch of air dyne sprints at the end. During the workout I remember thinking “this is fun” but then I felt pretty nauseous after and wondered if I was crazy for ever finding it fun, but once that wore off I realized that I wasn’t crazy, and indeed that WAS a ton of fun, and I wanted more. I thankfully found Crossfit Austin shortly after. Today I fully welcome the fun-crazy-fun cycle, but instead of feeling crazy I just feel like I worked as hard as I should have worked.

What’s your favorite part of CrossFit Austin?
Everything! I love the programming and could not choose a more genuinely supportive/encouraging/awesome group of coaches and people to take on those workouts with.

Current Training Goals/PRs?
Nothing specific–every workout I just try to push my body and challenge myself, but also listen to my body and appreciate whatever it allows me to do each day. I’m motivated to workout because I think the workouts are fun and I love the effect is has on my mood and my energy for the day and getting stronger/faster/learning new skills are just awesome and totally appreciated side effects of the workouts.

What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned so far in your training with us?
Definitely the importance of stretching, mobility, and having proper form.

Tell us about a moment you felt most proud of yourself during a workout.
I don’t know. I rarely make it to the Saturday morning workouts so I’m pretty happy whenever I do, or if I make a lift after I missed it a few times that always feels super awesome.

If you could create a WOD and name it for yourself, what would it be?
I like being surprised by the workouts and just showing up and doing whatever is on the board that day too much to ever want to create a WOD. That being said, I prefer to see a lot of barbell work/walls balls/running and prefer not to see push-ups.

You’re a CFA vet at this point. What has kept you here?
I guess it just makes me feel too good to ever think about stopping.

What are your hobbies, interests and/or talents outside of CrossFit?
I love doing ANYTHING OUTSIDE, going to concerts, dancing, basketball season, turning everything into a drinking game, traveling & exploring, and everything with family and friends.

Tell us something we don’t know about you…
Before I moved to Austin I spent about 6 months traveling around the backcountry of Chile (NOLS: Patagonia) and my two best friends that I met down there and I have pretty much been dreaming about when we call all go back down there and explore again ever since.

Longhorns or Aggies?
HOOK ‘EM FOR LIFE!

Leave the fine folks of CrossFit Austin with some parting words…
Thank you to everyone who works/works out at CFA for helping make it the awesome place I know and love–I appreciate you all! And when in doubt, sweat it out 🙂

Congratulations to September Competitors and PRs!

It is so exciting for us to see so many of our folks getting out into the community to compete! We had a handful of folks get out and compete in September we couldn’t be more proud. Great job on all your accomplishments CFA! Keep up the great work!

Nick Piacente

Nick competed in the Grass Iron September Showdown and hit a Snatch at 100K and successfully Clean & Jerked 127K for a Total of 227K on his lifts. He also hit an awesome 132K Clean in his attempts. Incredible job Nick! We’re proud of your hard work!

Kristy Marsillo, Emma Junkin, and Christina Gustavson

These ladies teamed up with some gals and competed in the MissFit Mayhem competition on September 26. Gorgeous gals having fun! What could be better??

My favorite thing about this month’s PRs is that many were written, crossed out and then updated with a new PR shortly after! These are the numbers from the board. Great work!

Tim – 295# Jerk – 402# Back Squat – 5K Row @ 18:58 || Josh Harris -365# Front Squat – 420# Back Squat || Kiehl – 325# 2RM Back Squat || Bev – 60Kg Jerk || Leigh – 170# Snatch – 310# Back Squat || Lee Perry – 407# Back Squat || Vy – Strict HSPU || Leah – 100K/220# Back Squat ||
Isaiah 315# Back Squat

Amazing work team. If you are interested in setting up a consultation to discuss your goals and make a plan to reach them, contact Coach Tim and we’ll get you scheduled! Tim@crossfitaustin.com

If we missed anyone please be sure to shoot us a message. If you have an event coming up in October, let us know!

Contact info@crossfitaustin.com with your competition details!

Free Community WOD || October 17

Work hard | Sweat hard | Play hard

Come join us on Saturday, October 17th @ 10:00 am for a free workout with the CrossFit Austin community!  

Community workouts are open to everyone and a great way to find out what CrossFit is all about.

All skill levels welcome.

Current members: Bring a friend

First timers: Meet a friend

REGISTER HERE

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 2.52.06 PM

Get Prepped at CrossFit Austin || September 28

prepoct

The next cycle of The Prep at CrossFit Austin will start on Monday, September 28th
REGISTER HERE

Want to get started right away? Join our Private Prep course!
REGISTER HERE

THE PREP COURSE

[what]    What we like to call “The Prep” is designed to introduce new clients to the fundamentals and essential movements often seen in our group classes. The Prep is a course that teaches proper movement, recovery, mobility strategies, and a crash course on nutrition & lifestyle. This beginners program ultimately gives our clients the tools to make their time at CrossFit Austin life changing. We’re not just movers and shakers at CrossFit Austin – we’re thinkers, too. Producing athletes that train smart, work hard and also know their stuff is what we’re all about.

Train Smart | We’ll teach you to lift & move proficiently
Dedicated time working on the technique of CrossFit Movements over the course of 12 classes, with technical consistency being a focus. Regular exposure to the movements will adequately prepare each client for success in the group class environment. Quality over quantity in your movement is our goal.

Work Hard | We’ll teach you to recover effectively
The body repairs and strengthens itself in the time between workouts. It’s in this time that the body adapts to the stress of exercise and the real training effect takes place. Learning what and how to fill this time outside of the gym is our goal.

Think Well | We’ll teach you to eat efficiently
The individuality and uniqueness of our clients are what makes our community a phenomenal place to thrive in their training. Nutrition can’t be ‘cut and paste’ for each individual – there’s no cookie cutter way to properly eat. Revolutionize the way you view nutrition and eat over the course of 12 classes and learn what works best for your ID.

[structure]    The Prep = 1 Month of CrossFit Austin

If there’s one thing we take seriously, it’s quality over quantity. Yes, we care about each and every person who walks through our doors on a deeper level. You aren’t a dollar sign or a name on a sheet. You’re a member of our family. In our opinion, there’s no way to teach anyone new to CrossFit quality movement and technique in a short amount of time. Thus, our introductory course that isn’t a cram session squeezed into a few day’s time. It’s an investment of a month on both ends. You meet with your coach 3x/week for 4 weeks, learning the ins & outs of what CrossFit and CrossFit Austin is all about.

1 month | 12 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. The Prep course you enroll in will meet 3x/week for 4 weeks.  Structured like a CrossFit Class, your Prep course classes will be at the same time each day throughout the course length for 1-hour. Just show up, we’ll do the rest (we mean it!) –  Your coach leads you through the hour class, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 6 athletes
The Prep Course is limited to 6 clients per course to ensure everyone gets quality, semi-private coaching, and our coaches can focus on teaching instead of managing.

>>Click here<<  to see a schedule of our upcoming  Prep Courses

Learn more about the CrossFit Austin coaches leading The Prep here.

PRIVATE PREP COURSE

[what]     For those that can’t make our available Prep Course classes  or would prefer a more private introduction to CrossFit, we offer the “Private Prep”. You get all the great resources and coaching we provide in the Prep Course in one-on-one, private training with a coach. Due to the smaller more flexible setting we are able to expedite The Prep process  and get you through the material quicker.

[structure]     The Private Prep = 5 Private Sessions

No different than our regular Prep Course, the Private Prep focuses on quality instruction. Structure is a bit different though – You and your coach will meet for 5 private training sessions based on your scheduling. Each session runs for one-hour.

2 Weeks | 5 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. 5 private session over the course of 2 weeks scheduled at your convenience.  Your coach leads you through the hour’s session, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 1 Client
The Private Prep Course is a one-on-one private introduction to CrossFit. Your coach will take you through the Prep Course curriculum in 5 private sessions, and  tailor the program to your individual needs.

>>Click Here<< to enroll in a Private Prep Course and we will contact you within in 24 hours to schedule your sessions with your coach

Pricing:
Group Prep Option:  $200
Private Prep Option: $250

Course Times:
{6:30 am on M/W/F} or {6:30 pm on M/W/Th}
September 28 – October 23