Early Closing || July 3

CrossFit Austin will be closing at 1:00 pm on Friday, July 3rd
{Regular morning schedule}
Get out and enjoy the sun!

*Regular Saturday Classes have been cancelled due to our event*

Join us Saturday morning for our Annual Murph Day + Potluck/BBQ!
{Check It Out}

Free Olympic Lifting Open Gym Session || June 27th

Join {Coach} Erica Cuellar with {Austin Weightlifting} on the last Saturday of each month for a Free Community wide {members & non-members} Open Gym Session. Bring a pal or anyone who’s interested in learning or beginning Olympic lifting and lets throw around some weight!

aw logo

Austin Weightlifting || A community of weightlifters sharing their love and knowledge of weightlifting. Raising the bar, one lift at a time.

Saturday, June 27th || 9:00 – 11:00 am
In the Oly Center at CrossFit Austin

{Register Here}

The Prep at CrossFit Austin || July 6

prepfb

The next cycle of The Prep at CrossFit Austin will start on Monday, July 6th.
REGISTER HERE

THE PREP COURSE

[what]    What we like to call “The Prep” is designed to introduce new clients to the fundamentals and essential movements often seen in our group classes. The Prep is a course that teaches proper movement, recovery, mobility strategies, and a crash course on nutrition & lifestyle. This beginners program ultimately gives our clients the tools to make their time at CrossFit Austin life changing. We’re not just movers and shakers at CrossFit Austin – we’re thinkers, too. Producing athletes that train smart, work hard and also know their stuff is what we’re all about.

Train Smart | We’ll teach you to lift & move proficiently
Dedicated time working on the technique of CrossFit Movements over the course of 12 classes, with technical consistency being a focus. Regular exposure to the movements will adequately prepare each client for success in the group class environment. Quality over quantity in your movement is our goal.

Work Hard | We’ll teach you to recover effectively
The body repairs and strengthens itself in the time between workouts. It’s in this time that the body adapts to the stress of exercise and the real training effect takes place. Learning what and how to fill this time outside of the gym is our goal.

Think Well | We’ll teach you to eat efficiently
The individuality and uniqueness of our clients are what makes our community a phenomenal place to thrive in their training. Nutrition can’t be ‘cut and paste’ for each individual – there’s no cookie cutter way to properly eat. Revolutionize the way you view nutrition and eat over the course of 12 classes and learn what works best for your ID.

[structure]    The Prep = 1 Month of CrossFit Austin

If there’s one thing we take seriously, it’s quality over quantity. Yes, we give a shit about each and every person who walks through our doors on a deeper level. You aren’t a dollar sign or a name on a sheet. You’re a member of our family. In our opinion, there’s no way to teach anyone new to CrossFit quality movement and technique in a short amount of time. Thus, our introductory course that isn’t a cram session squeezed into a few day’s time. It’s an investment of a month on both ends. You meet with your coach 3x/week for 4 weeks, learning the ins & outs of what CrossFit and CrossFit Austin is all about.

1 month | 12 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. The Prep course you enroll in will meet 3x/week for 4 weeks.  Structured like a CrossFit Class, your Prep course classes will be at the same time each day throughout the course length for 1-hour. Just show up, we’ll do the rest (we mean it!) –  Your coach leads you through the hour class, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 6 athletes
The Prep Course is limited to 6 clients per course to ensure everyone gets quality, semi-private coaching, and our coaches can focus on teaching instead of managing.

With limited space in each course, wait-list opportunities are available.

>>Click here<<  to see a schedule of our upcoming  Prep Courses

Learn more about the CrossFit Austin coaches leading The Prep here.

PRIVATE PREP COURSE

[what]     For those that can’t make our available Prep Course classes  or would prefer a more private introduction to CrossFit, we offer the “Private Prep”. You get all the great resources and coaching we provide in the Prep Course in one-on-one, private training with a coach. Due to the smaller more flexible setting we are able to expedite The Prep process  and get you through the material quicker.

[structure]     The Private Prep = 5 Private Sessions

No different than our regular Prep Course, the Private Prep focuses on quality instruction. Structure is a bit different though – You and your coach will meet for 5 private training sessions based on your scheduling. Each session runs for one-hour.

2 Weeks | 5 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. 5 private session over the course of 2 weeks scheduled at your convenience.  Your coach leads you through the hour’s session, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 1 Client
The Private Prep Course is a one-on-one private introduction to CrossFit. Your coach will take you through the Prep Course curriculum in 5 private sessions, and  tailor the program to your individual needs.

>>Click Here<< to enroll in a Private Prep Course and we will contact you within in 24 hours to schedule your sessions with your coach

Pricing:
Group Prep Option:  $200
Private Prep Option: $300

Course Times:
{5:30 am on M/W/F} or {6:30 pm on M/W/Th}
July 6 – July 31

Free Community WOD @ CrossFit Austin || June 13th

Work hard | Sweat hard | Play hard

Come join us on Saturday, June 13 @ 10:00 am for a free workout with the CrossFit Austin community!  

Community workouts are open to everyone and a great way to find out what CrossFit is all about.

All skill levels welcome.

Current members: Bring a friend

First timers: Meet a friend

REGISTER HERE

CrossFit Austin now has a Facebook event page for our Free Community WODs! Keep up with the news and upcoming WODs!

{Community WOD Facebook Page}

free

Murph Day 2015 + Potluck BBQ || July 4th

Murph

{REGISTER HERE}

CrossFit Austin will be hosting Murph Day Saturday (7/4/2015) honoring the memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy and all fallen veterans. Liutenant Murphy was killed in Afghanistan on June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he named it “Body Armor”. We will honor a focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.

“Murph”

For time:
1 mile run
00 pull ups
200 push ups
300 squats
1 mile run

*Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed.
**Teams of 2, 3, or 4 are welcome.
***All movements can be scaled.
****Be sure to wear your twenty pound vest or body armor if you have it.

Our annual MURPH Day is coming up! Join us on July 4th to celebrate Independence Day, honor the memory of Lieutenant Michael Murphy, and raise some money for the flood relief efforts in Central Texas!

THEN stick around for some BBQ & B-Ball! 
Potluck style BBQ will begin after the last heat. 
BYOB and a dish to share.
Don’t forget your b-ball skills (or hanging out drinking brews skills)
**Burgers & dogs provided, but feel free to bring any other meat you’d like to throw on the grill

EVENT SPECIFICS:

Event Registration + Shirt will be open from June 10th until June 19th. 

• $40 for participating athletes
  • Athlete entry fee includes registration & t-shirt costs and donations

Event Registration without Shirt will be open from June 19th until July 3rd.

• $20 for participating athletes
  • Athlete entry fee includes registration costs and donations
***T-Shirt ONLY (non-participant) orders may be placed through June 19th as well.
  • This event is open to all – members and non-members
  • Athletes must arrive at 7:00am to warm-up, sign-in, and pick up shirts
  • Heats times start at 8 am, 9 am, and 10am
  • Spectators are welcome
  • Donations are welcome and can be made through eventbrite, Navy SEAL Foundation,Barnabas Connection, or on site during the event.
  • You may choose whether you’d like your donation to go toward the Navy SEAL Foundation or The Barnabas Connection in aid to the flood relief efforts.

In the past, our annual MURPH Day has benefited the Navy SEAL Foundation. Last year, we decided to band together and help out a member of our own community. This year, we’d like to continue strengthening our community by opening donations to The Barnabas Connection.

The Barnabas Connection provides access to health & human services, client advocacy, and community education. Services focused in Wimberley and Hays County include advocacy with local service providers; annual events that provide for specific community needs, and encouraging education and discussion among community leaders about the issues of poverty.

The Barnabas Connection is working in coordination with local and state officials to respond to the devastating rain and flooding that impacted the Wimberley Valley on Saturday night, May 23, 2015.

We have seen an outpouring of generosity with donations and volunteers from CrossFit Austin aiding in the flood relief efforts and we are honored to be able to continue that effort.

Learn more about the relief efforts here. Learn more about The Barnabas Connection here.

Upon registration you may specify which cause you would like your donation to go to. We will also be taking donatons on site for both charities. In addition, you may donate directly to either foundation through Navy SEAL Foundation or Barnabas Connection

“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.” – Vince Lombardi

Cook-out/potluck will take place directly after the event!

Summer School @ CrossFit Austin!

summerschool (2)

All summer long CrossFit Austin is offering discounts students and teachers new to our community!
School is out and there is no better time to jump on board. Whether you’re new to it all or just new to us we want to help you along on your fitness journey!

When: June, July, August {discounts end August 31}
Who: Students & Teachers new to CrossFit Austin {valid student/teacher ID or school email address required}
What: $25 Off – Prep, Private Prep, Any Group Class Membership

*Next cycle will begin July 6th>>> The Prep at CrossFit Austin

Contact us to get started today!

info@crossfitaustin.com
(512) 761-6733

June Athlete Of The Month: Kim Scott!

Each month we spotlight a different CFA athlete who stands out and shows just how awesome they are. What is it that makes up an Athlete of the Month? It may not be the person that finishes the fastest, Rx’s every WOD, or gets a PR every time they walk in the gym. Although we love and celebrate when those things happen, the Athlete of the Month is made up of much more than physical ability. This person shows up, gives their best every time, and then gives a little more. They are hungry to learn and always ready to do the work. They support their fellow classmates and encourage them to reach their goals. This athlete embodies what we believe the CrossFit Austin Community should be about.

Our June Athlete of the Month is Kim Scott! Kim came to us a little over a year ago (I think her hair was pink at the time!) Kim has always been a positive voice in the gym, even through the suck. She is part of the chicken o’clock crew, getting her work done with the 5:30 am class. She and her fiance’ Jeremy completed the Spartan race in May and she’ll be competing in June in the AFM Fittest. Come join Kim for and early WOD and then maybe snag some breakfast tacos after! Congratulations Kim! We are thrilled to have you as this month’s Athlete of the Month.

State your Name and/or Nickname please:kim
Kim Scott, doesn’t get any simpler than that!

Words to live by?
Work hard, train hard, sleep harder.

What is your fitness background?
I danced for 18ish years of my life, and was a cheerleader in junior high and freshman year in high school. I also attempted to play all sports in junior high, but realized the only thing I was mildly good at was dancing, so I stuck with that.

How long have you been CrossFitting?
I started doing the movements about 2 years ago with my trainer turned friend, Ken Beck, but joined CFA in April 2014!

Take us back to your first day of CrossFit… How did you feel? How do you compare it to workouts today?
Ummmm Fran. April 7th, 2014, I met her. I scaled, in every sense of the word, and I was watching everyone else in the 6:30pm class just MURDER it. I thought I may not come back again because I was SO intimidated. I mean, everyone had their damn shirts off for goodness sake … I came again 2 days later.  Now, the workout s suck just as much, but everyone else is “embracing the suck” with me.

kim2What’s your favorite part of CrossFit Austin?
The friggin’ people!  I absolutely love the feeling of community we have at CFA, and I have made some really great friends too. You guys are so amazing, constantly pushing me to be better, stronger and faster.

Current Training Goals/PRs?
Right now I have been slacking little at CFA, but that’s because I am training for AFM Fittest, which is now on June 13th. Anyone who wants to come watch me die is welcome!  I need all the cheerleaders I can get. 🙂

As far as a crossfit goal, I am working on getting that 200# back squat, and not bailing!  And, eventually getting a muscle up, but one thing at a time!

What keeps you getting up for that 5:30 am class?
The people!  Coach Erica and Coach Ben, and the few who I can count on to be there half asleep with me – Mitch, Ivan and Jeremy too!

I mean, we are the only group of people crazy enough to not only get up and workout at that hour, but do grueling workouts at that hour, and then go to work. I personally like to get it done so I can get on with my day, and not have to worry about trying to squeeze it in later.

What is your cheat meal go to? (We already know about Jeremy’s pretzel bowl 😉 )
Wait, cheat “meal” as in there is only supposed to be one? Just kidding! I love pizza. Like, I’m obsessed with pizza, and breakfast tacos too.

For the record, I had nothing to do with that weird pretzel, peanut butter, cereal and milk thing!

Tell us about a moment you felt most proud of yourself during a workout.
When I was complaining about not being able to do double unders, and literally as I was whining about it to Coach Erica and Cody, I just started doing them, and stringing them together. I thought I would never get them.

If you could create a WOD and name it for yourself, what would it be?
“Killer Pizza”

500M Row
30 Wall Balls 20/14
25 TTB
10 DUs
5 Burpees

Immediately followed by pizza, wine, and a day off!

What are your hobbies, interests and/or talents outside of CrossFit?kim3
I mostly just enjoy hanging out with my dog and Jeremy, drinking some beers or wine.
I LOVE binge watching murder mystery shows – IDTV is my jam.
I have a pretty rad sneaker collection.
I’m trying to pick up sewing as a hobby, but I have only taken the machine out of the box once since December, so I don’t think that’s working for me.

Tell us something we don’t know about you…
I’m an over-sharer, to a fault!
Other than that, something a lot of people don’t know would be that I have been in and on the cover of multiple tattoo magazines.

Longhorns or Aggies?
Forty Niners. 🙂

Leave the fine folks of CrossFit Austin with some parting words…
I’m so very honored to have been chosen to be Athlete of the Month. Thank you!
Thank you again to the coaches who constantly encourage me, push me and congratulate wins (even small ones), and thank you to the entire CFA community, you’re all the reason I love this place!

Free Community WOD || June 13

Work hard | Sweat hard | Play hard

Come join us on Saturday, June 13 @ 10:00 am for a free workout with the CrossFit Austin community!  

Community workouts are open to everyone and a great way to find out what CrossFit is all about.

All skill levels welcome.

Current members: Bring a friend

First timers: Meet a friend

REGISTER HERE

free