BBQ + BASKETBALL @ CrossFit Austin

BBQ + Basketball + Beverages = A Damn Good Time!

Celebrate the end of the CrossFit Open and Austin’s lovely spring weather with your fellow CFA teammates! We will provide the meat and a few drinks, you bring a side or dessert and any additional franks you want!

Get your team of 3 together and sign-up for the March Madness 3:3 Basketball game here —> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xC8U0VyUpy-csJvPzQhaPOPJrbthGDB309leBYzDNDU/viewform?c=0&w=1

This is open to all CrossFit Austinites, [past // present // future] – Well behaved dogs + children welcome!

Details and updates>>> https://www.facebook.com/events/807615709322931/

May Free Community WOD ||May 16

Work hard | Sweat hard | Play hard

Come join us on Saturday, May 16 @ 10:00 am for a free workout with the CrossFit Austin community!  

Community workouts are open to everyone and a great way to find out what CrossFit is all about.

All skill levels welcome.

Current members: Bring a friend

First timers: Meet a friend

REGISTER HERE

mayfree

The Prep at CrossFit Austin || April 6

april prep

The next cycle of The Prep at CrossFit Austin will start on Monday, April 6th.
REGISTER HERE

THE PREP COURSE

[what]    What we like to call “The Prep” is designed to introduce new clients to the fundamentals and essential movements often seen in our group classes. The Prep is a course that teaches proper movement, recovery, mobility strategies, and a crash course on nutrition & lifestyle. This beginners program ultimately gives our clients the tools to make their time at CrossFit Austin life changing. We’re not just movers and shakers at CrossFit Austin – we’re thinkers, too. Producing athletes that train smart, work hard and also know their shit is what we’re all about.

Train Smart | We’ll teach you to lift & move proficiently
Dedicated time working on the technique of CrossFit Movements over the course of 12 classes, with technical consistency being a focus. Regular exposure to the movements will adequately prepare each client for success in the group class environment. Quality over quantity in your movement is our goal.

Work Hard | We’ll teach you to recover effectively
The body repairs and strengthens itself in the time between workouts. It’s in this time that the body adapts to the stress of exercise and the real training effect takes place. Learning what and how to fill this time outside of the gym is our goal.

Think Well | We’ll teach you to eat efficiently
The individuality and uniqueness of our clients are what makes our community a phenomenal place to thrive in their training. Nutrition can’t be ‘cut and paste’ for each individual – there’s no cookie cutter way to properly eat. Revolutionize the way you view nutrition and eat over the course of 12 classes and learn what works best for your ID.

[structure]    The Prep = 1 Month of CrossFit Austin

If there’s one thing we take seriously, it’s quality over quantity. Yes, we give a shit about each and every person who walks through our doors on a deeper level. You aren’t a dollar sign or a name on a sheet. You’re a member of our family. In our opinion, there’s no way to teach anyone new to CrossFit quality movement and technique in a short amount of time. Thus, our introductory course that isn’t a cram session squeezed into a few day’s time. It’s an investment of a month on both ends. You meet with your coach 3x/week for 4 weeks, learning the ins & outs of what CrossFit and CrossFit Austin is all about.

1 month | 12 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. The Prep course you enroll in will meet 3x/week for 4 weeks.  Structured like a CrossFit Class, your Prep course classes will be at the same time each day throughout the course length for 1-hour. Just show up, we’ll do the rest (we mean it!) –  Your coach leads you through the hour class, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 6 athletes
The Prep Course is limited to 6 clients per course to ensure everyone gets quality, semi-private coaching, and our coaches can focus on teaching instead of managing.

With limited space in each course, wait-list opportunities are available.

>>Click here<<  to see a schedule of our upcoming  Prep Courses

Learn more about the CrossFit Austin coaches leading The Prep here.

PRIVATE PREP COURSE

[what]     For those that can’t make our available Prep Course classes  or would prefer a more private introduction to CrossFit, we offer the “Private Prep”. You get all the great resources and coaching we provide in the Prep Course in one-on-one, private training with a coach. Due to the smaller more flexible setting we are able to expedite The Prep process  and get you through the material quicker.

[structure]     The Private Prep = 5 Private Sessions

No different than our regular Prep Course, the Private Prep focuses on quality instruction. Structure is a bit different though – You and your coach will meet for 5 private training sessions based on your scheduling. Each session runs for one-hour.

2 Weeks | 5 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. 5 private session over the course of 2 weeks scheduled at your convenience.  Your coach leads you through the hour’s session, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 1 Client
The Private Prep Course is a one-on-one private introduction to CrossFit. Your coach will take you through the Prep Course curriculum in 5 private sessions, and  tailor the program to your individual needs.

>>Click Here<< to enroll in a Private Prep Course and we will contact you within in 24 hours to schedule your sessions with your coach

Pricing:
Group Prep Option:  $200
Private Prep Option: $300

Course Times:
{6:30 am on M/W/F} or {6:30 pm on M/W/Th}
April 6 – May 1

SPRING * BREAK * SPECIAL || Calling All Teachers & Students

We are excited to announce that we will be hosting a FREE week of 10:30am classes Monday-Friday, March 16-20th @CrossFitAustin for any & all Teachers & Students (18 years or older) during their Spring Break!

This class will be a great introduction to ‪#‎CrossFit‬ for those who haven’t tried it before [and] challenging enough for those that have been getting after it for years! Spread the word to your friends, family & co-workers!! Remember, the whole week is FREE for teachers & students so come one day, two days or all five!

TELL YOUR TEACHER FRIENDS & ANY STUDENTS TO LET THEM KNOW!
*Valid Teacher/Student ID req’d

Register for class {HERE}

Welcome New Members

If you haven’t had a chance to meet these folks yet, we’d like to take a moment to introduce the newest members to the CFA Community. They joined the team in January and we’re happy to have them!

Felicia Arteaga Julie Goforth Tyler Litsch Stuart Osantowski Mike Wallace
Melissa Cha Tere Hernandez Crystal Martinez Nick Piacente Chance Winberry
Lee Perry Dani Hightower Joshua McCathern Alex Reynolds Dara Sliva
Rebekah Cruz Kimberly Joseph Katie Moosman    

Welcome guys! We’re happy to have you on the team!
*If you are a new member and haven’t had your picture taken, please talk to your coach!

March Athlete of The Month: Tariq “Mr.T” Baig!

Each month we spotlight a different CFA athlete who stands out and shows just how awesome they are. What is it that makes up an Athlete of the Month? It may not be the person that finishes the fastest, Rx’s every WOD, or gets a PR every time they walk in the gym. Although we love and celebrate when those things happen, the Athlete of the Month is made up of much more than physical ability. This person shows up, gives their best every time, and then gives a little more. They are hungry to learn and always ready to do the work. They support their fellow classmates and encourage them to reach their goals. This athlete embodies what we believe the CrossFit Austin Community should be about.

Our March Athlete of the Month is Tariq “Mr. T” Baig! Mr.T is part of the 6:30 am crew where he holds down the fort on a regular basis. He can also be found doing 2-a-days when an Oly class is available. Mr.T has been with us since the early days, starting back in 2011. If you want to lift heavy things with him yourself, come hit up a 6:30 am class or one of the Oly classes. Congratulations Mr.T! We are thrilled to have you as this month’s Athlete of the Month.

mrtState your Name and/or Nickname please:
Mr. T. Outside the box my friends call me P***y….It’s a name I’ve had for years…

Words to live by? “When you feel life out of focus, always return to basic of life……breathing, NO BREATHE, NO LIFE” – Mr. Miyagi

What is your fitness background? I played football in high school. After high school I got fat, slimmed down by going to the “globo gym”, got married and got fat again. Then a good friend told me about crossfit and I’ve been crossfitting since…

How long have you been CrossFitting? A long, long time….since CFA was in the small, small gym. Have you heard of the on-ramp course? Yeah that’s when I joined.

Take us back to your first day of CrossFit… How did you feel? How do you compare it to workouts today? Wow….I still pullremember the first day of crossfit like it was yesterday. I puked like three times…thinking to myself, “Damn I haven’t felt like this since two-a-days in football!” I was hooked!!

What’s your favorite part of CrossFit Austin? I would have to say the people and the coaches! Shout out to the 6:30am HOODRATS! The coaching staff here at CFA is pretty amazing. They have played a huge part in getting my technique where it should be.

Current Training Goals/PRs? Since I won March athlete of the month which was my only goal….hahaha….I am training for a half triathlon in September and getting those damn double-unders.

If you could control the playlist, what 3 songs would you play? What song would you ban? We should ask Bradley, cause he figures I know every song from the 80’s. I would ban anything Miley or Bieber.

swimTell us about a moment you felt most proud of yourself during a workout. When I got my kipping pull-ups…no wait when I got my BUTTERFLY kipping pull-ups.

If you could create a WOD and name it for yourself, what would it be? Stay at home and sleep WOD

What are your hobbies, interests and/or talents outside of CrossFit? I play golf A LOT! As much as I play you would think I am decent golfer….but I suck! I just love getting out there and clearing my mind from work and other things.

Tell us something we don’t know about you… I love country music…I have a Cory Morrow tattoo on my right shoulder. I love giving manicures and pedicures! We go out drinking, you pass out and in the morning you wake up with a fresh mani-pedi.

Longhorns or Aggies? What is an Aggie? I bleed BURNT ORANGE!! \m/

Leave the fine folks of CrossFit Austin with some parting words… Friend me on facebook so you can get -bombed. Thanks to LaShea, Dayna, Janss and Coach Adrienne.

Sunday Open Gym – March 1 – 11:00 -12:30

CFA Members: On Sunday, March 1 Coach Leigh will be at CrossFit Austin to complete 15.1 and she’s opening it up to the community for Open Gym time. From 11:00 am to 12:30 pm come knock out 15.1, mobilize, cheer on anyone who’s competing/participating, etc.. This will not be coach led time so if you need someone to judge you, please plan accordingly.

We will keep you posted on future Sunday opportunities!Please register in the Open Gym tab {click here} and plan to wrap things up by 12:30 pm.

Happy 15.1!

The Prep at CrossFit Austin || March 9

march

The next cycle of The Prep at CrossFit Austin will start on Monday, March 9th.
REGISTER HERE

THE PREP COURSE

[what]    What we like to call “The Prep” is designed to introduce new clients to the fundamentals and essential movements often seen in our group classes. The Prep is a course that teaches proper movement, recovery, mobility strategies, and a crash course on nutrition & lifestyle. This beginners program ultimately gives our clients the tools to make their time at CrossFit Austin life changing. We’re not just movers and shakers at CrossFit Austin – we’re thinkers, too. Producing athletes that train smart, work hard and also know their shit is what we’re all about.

Train Smart | We’ll teach you to lift & move proficiently
Dedicated time working on the technique of CrossFit Movements over the course of 12 classes, with technical consistency being a focus. Regular exposure to the movements will adequately prepare each client for success in the group class environment. Quality over quantity in your movement is our goal.

Work Hard | We’ll teach you to recover effectively
The body repairs and strengthens itself in the time between workouts. It’s in this time that the body adapts to the stress of exercise and the real training effect takes place. Learning what and how to fill this time outside of the gym is our goal.

Think Well | We’ll teach you to eat efficiently
The individuality and uniqueness of our clients are what makes our community a phenomenal place to thrive in their training. Nutrition can’t be ‘cut and paste’ for each individual – there’s no cookie cutter way to properly eat. Revolutionize the way you view nutrition and eat over the course of 12 classes and learn what works best for your ID.

[structure]    The Prep = 1 Month of CrossFit Austin

If there’s one thing we take seriously, it’s quality over quantity. Yes, we give a shit about each and every person who walks through our doors on a deeper level. You aren’t a dollar sign or a name on a sheet. You’re a member of our family. In our opinion, there’s no way to teach anyone new to CrossFit quality movement and technique in a short amount of time. Thus, our introductory course that isn’t a cram session squeezed into a few day’s time. It’s an investment of a month on both ends. You meet with your coach 3x/week for 4 weeks, learning the ins & outs of what CrossFit and CrossFit Austin is all about.

1 month | 12 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. The Prep course you enroll in will meet 3x/week for 4 weeks.  Structured like a CrossFit Class, your Prep course classes will be at the same time each day throughout the course length for 1-hour. Just show up, we’ll do the rest (we mean it!) –  Your coach leads you through the hour class, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 6 athletes
The Prep Course is limited to 6 clients per course to ensure everyone gets quality, semi-private coaching, and our coaches can focus on teaching instead of managing.

With limited space in each course, wait-list opportunities are available.

>>Click here<<  to see a schedule of our upcoming  Prep Courses

Learn more about the CrossFit Austin coaches leading The Prep here.

PRIVATE PREP COURSE

[what]     For those that can’t make our available Prep Course classes  or would prefer a more private introduction to CrossFit, we offer the “Private Prep”. You get all the great resources and coaching we provide in the Prep Course in one-on-one, private training with a coach. Due to the smaller more flexible setting we are able to expedite The Prep process  and get you through the material quicker.

[structure]     The Private Prep = 5 Private Sessions

No different than our regular Prep Course, the Private Prep focuses on quality instruction. Structure is a bit different though – You and your coach will meet for 5 private training sessions based on your scheduling. Each session runs for one-hour.

2 Weeks | 5 Sessions
Just show up; we’ll do the rest. 5 private session over the course of 2 weeks scheduled at your convenience.  Your coach leads you through the hour’s session, from welcome, to warm-up, to workout with the learning in between.

1 Coach | 1 Client
The Private Prep Course is a one-on-one private introduction to CrossFit. Your coach will take you through the Prep Course curriculum in 5 private sessions, and  tailor the program to your individual needs.

>>Click Here<< to enroll in a Private Prep Course and we will contact you within in 24 hours to schedule your sessions with your coach

Pricing:
Group Prep Option:  $200
Private Prep Option: $300

Course Times:
{6:30 am on M/W/F} or {7:30 pm on M/W/Th}
March 9 – April 3

SXSW 2015 Visitors || Drop-in at CrossFit Austin

SXSW is right around the corner and we want to invite all you visiting CrossFitters to join us while you’re in town!

CrossFit Austin offers classes 6 days a week with a wide variety of morning and evening sessions available
{Check out our Schedule}

Located south of downtown
8708 S. Congress, Building C
Austin, TX 78745

If you’re participating in The CrossFit Open, join us on Saturday mornings to complete the weekly WOD!

{Contact Us!}

>>>1-Week Unlimited Pass – $65<<<

{Click Here To Purchase}

Congratulations to Fittest Games and A League of Their Own Competitors!

We want to give a shout out to some of CFA’s Badass Babes who have recently competed! Congratulations on your hard work and amazing efforts ladies! 

Lindsey Guelde competed in The Fittest Games on January 31st.
Lindsey PR’d her Power Clean at 195 lbs and she ran her 800 m sprint in 3:04.

lou

Leigh LeGare & Stacey Magnesio and Heather Rogers & Kat Bevel competed in A League of Their Own, a women’s only competition, on February 7th. Leigh and Stacey killed it finishing 4th over all in the competition. Kat and Heather made a huge jump in the final two workouts from 18th to finish strong in 12th. They destroyed the 2 minute Max effort Pistol WOD finishing 4th with 83 total reps.

kat.heather

aloto stacey.leigh

Are you competing? Let us know!
Contact info@crossfitaustin.com with your competition details!